- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction: The Thunder of History
- 2 Supporting the British War Effort: 1939–1945
- 3 After the War: 1945–1947
- 4 The Governor Goes Native: 1947–1952
- 5 A “Horse and Buggy” Statute: 1952–1961
- 6 Cowperthwaite Is Reined In: 1961–1971
- 7 Sincere Failure or Successful Charade? 1971–1981
- 8 The Modern City-State: 1981–1997
- 9 The Return to Chinese Rule: 1997–2009
- 10 Epilogue: Where to from Here?
- Note on Sources
- Taxation Without Representation
- Hong Kong University Press
Hong Kong Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.