- Title Pages
- List of Figures, Plates and Tables
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- A Note on the Place Name and the Currency
- List of Contributors
- 1 Social Stability and Economic Growth
- 2 The Development of the Gaming Industry and Its Impact on Land Use
- 3 The Impact of Gaming Liberalisation on Public Opinion and Political Culture
- 4 Executive-Legislative Relationships and the Development of Public Policy
- 5 Challenges and Threats to Traditional Associations
- 6 Civil Service Reform: Building Basic Administrative Capacity
- 7 Improving Productivity through Efficiency Wages: The Case of the Civil Service
- 8 Labour Policy: Resolving the Mismatch between Demand and Supply
- 9 Labour Regulation in the Liberalised Casino Economy: The Case of the Croupiers
- 10 Education Governance and Reform: Bringing the State Back In
- 11 Housing Policy: A Neoliberal Agenda?
- 12 Social Welfare Policy: A ‘Flexible’ Strategy?
- 13 Gaming, Governance and Public Policy: Constraints and Opportunities
- Appendix Timeline: Macao 1999–2010
- Selected Bibliography
- Gaming, Governance and Public Policy in Macao
- Hong Kong University Press
Hong Kong Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.