- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- 1 The Cultural History of Plastic Surgery in China
- 2 China’s First “Artificial Beauty”
- 3 “Being Good-Looking is Capital”
- 4 From the “Iron Rice Bowl” to the “Rice Bowl of Youth”
- 5 The Commodification of the Body
- 6 China’s Beauty Economy and Beauty Ideology
- 7 From Barbie Doll to the Korean Wave
- 8 Between the Local and the Global
- Buying Beauty
- Hong Kong University Press
Hong Kong Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.