- Title Pages
- 1 The “Red Classic” That Never Was
- 2 <i>Great Changes</i> in Critical Reception
- 3 How to Tell a Story of Imprisonment
- 4 How Is Revolution “Popularized”?
- 5 Shaping the “Red Classics” of Chinese Art in Early Socialist China
- 6 Castration for the People
- 7 The Politics and Aesthetics of Rediscovering Heroes of the “Red Classics” in <i>Lianhuanhua</i> of the Reform Era
- 8 The Cultural Indigenization of a Soviet “Red Classic” Hero
- 9 <i>The Red Sister-in-Law</i> Remakes<sup>1</sup>
- 10 Families, Intellectuals, and Enemies in the “Red Classic” Remake <i>New Tunnel Warfare</i>
- The Making and Remaking of China's "Red Classics"
- Rosemary Roberts, Li Li
- Hong Kong University Press
Hong Kong Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.