- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration and Referencing
- 1 The Ambiguities of Semicolonial Power in Thailand
- 2 An Ambiguous Intimacy: <i>Farang</i> as Siamese Occidentalism
- 3 Competitive Colonialisms: Siam and the Malay Muslim South
- 4 Mind the Gap
- 5 Blissfully Whose? Jungle Pleasures, Ultra-modernist Cinema and the Cosmopolitan Thai Auteur
- 6 Coming to Terms with the West: Intellectual Strategies of Bifurcation and Post-Westernism in Siam
- 7 <i>Wathakam</i>: The Thai Appropriation of Foucault's “Discourse”
- 8 The Conceptual Allure of the West: Dilemmas and Ambiguities of Crypto-Colonialism in Thailand
- Afterword: Postcolonial Theories and Thai Semicolonial Hybridities
- The Ambiguous Allure of the West
- Hong Kong University Press
Hong Kong Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.